From Nurse Coleen:
- If your child has any health issues, please call or stop in so I can make a plan to take care of them during school hours. Notify me if your child is on any medications- even if taken only at home.
- Medications in school, including over the counter meds, are strictly regulated. A parent MUST bring the medication to school along with a doctors order for me to legally administer it. Also, the school does have a nebulizer in the nurse’s office for any child with asthma who may require treatments during the day. You will need to provide the medication–in the original container, Dr’s orders, a mask and tubing and the treatment will be given as ordered.
- Children in our pre-school and kindergarten programs have occasional accidents. Please provide a change of clothes for your child with his/her name on in and leave it in their backpack.
- It is VERY important that we be able to reach you in the event of an illness or injury. Please keep your phone numbers updated throughout the school year. Also–please try to pick up your child within the hour if called by the nurse–we have had several children left for several hours sick in the nurse’s office waiting for parents to pick them up. This creates a problem due to their being one cot in the nurse’s office for a sick child to use.
- WHEN TO KEEP YOUR CHILD HOME FROM SCHOOL:
(If your child is sent to school with any of the following they will be sent home)
- If your child has a fever of 100 degrees or higher, he/she MUST stay home for 24 hours after the fever returns to normal (98.degrees).
- Any child who has diarrhea and/or vomiting should be kept home.
- Any child with a fever and a rash–must stay home and needs to return to school with a Dr’s. note
- Keep your child home if he/she has strep throat, pinkeye with discharge, ringworm, or a bacterial infection until 24 hours AFTER the medication has been started. Again, they will need a Dr’s note to return to school.
- Any time a child is absent for any reason, please send a note from home. A child absent for 5 or more days, MUST return with a Dr’s. note.
As always, Please call my office with any questions or concerns—